Tuesday 6 January 2015

Before before

Hello! Nice to meet you my name is Alex, Im 32 years old and an artist and live in Cambridge England. Because of this amazing thread, and Emma B's inspiring video, and many other brilliant videos on youtube, I finally decided to take the plunge and apply for gender reassignment! 
So not much of a before and after (yet!) more of a before before and a before! See what you think!
As you can see I have a face like optimus prime in drag, or if you somehow combined Mary Poppins and Dick Van Dyck into a single horrifying person.. and I dont care :) 
I feel very excited and happy and proud for.. the first time ever! I dont really care too much about coming out, my family seem pretty much fine with whatever I do so long as Im happy and not making anyone else unhappy, and the friends Ive told have been super nice so.. who cares what anyone else thinks? I actually think I have it easy because all you brave girls did it already and paved the way.
Im going to see my doctor next week and apply to begin proceedings. I just got a great job so Im going to save up for some FFSurgery and so on and start my life!
Im sure this will be a long tough road but compared to.. before, which was horrible, i think itll be a breeze. 


If anyone is thinking about going for it, but is nervous, or worried theyre too tall (im 6.2) to manly (check out my chin!) or just feeling trapped or lonely (i know that one!) or anything like that well, me too, but email me and maybe I can help! 
x alex!

Anyway here we go!

this is me before before
very sad

before (nervous but happy)

oh dear


Off to see the docs to ask to being proceedings next week on Jan 12.
Hope it goes ok! What if they think Im faking it? Eep.
Fingers crossed.
xx
Alex




No comments:

Post a Comment